October 20, 2011

Tygs Tribulations

It has been a long time coming, but Hockey is finally here, as you all know.
And as you all know, that means more weekends at @Tygerlylly 's house with alcohol, high volume, and usually some chips and laughs.

However, this has indeed been a season start of ups and downs.

With Cole held to a single point, Cam out with a cut, (he came back for their last game verus the battered Penguins but the Habs lost anyway), Subban playing like my 2 yr old son and Price watching pucks pass him by for a few games, nobody could use a few laughs more than a Habs fan.

So with that in mind, I intend to relate to you a few things that happened last week. I will make no apologies to my sister Tyg .

She bought a new computer. A nice large laptop HP. But like all laptops, its has one of those little touchpad mouse thingys. Which personally I hate. Apparently so does my sister since she decided to connect up a mouse, for ease of use.

Well, here is the mouse she hooked up to her computer.

Now as you can see, its a cordless mouse, which of course, needs a receiver, which looks like this:

Well after plugging in the receiver, Tyg then proceed to use it as the mouse. That's right. She put it under her hand and attempted to navigate.

This was despite the fact that the mouse was right beside her. This was beside the fact that the receiver has NO buttion, trackball or IR.

Well, in frustration, my sister proclaimed that the mouse thing was broken and threw the whole shebang in the trash.

Fast forward to my arrival later to beef up her computer programs, and I immediately wanted a mouse.

Mom explained what had happened, not knowing quite what Tyg had done, and fished out the mouse and receiver for me. After inserting batteries in the mouse, which they had neglected to do, I plugged in the receiver.

At this point, Tyg became upset with me. Specifically since she didn't want two things plugged into her new computer at all times.

I refer you again to the above image, and the fact we were installing a cordless mouse.

Turns out, the damned things actually DIDN'T work, so she got off the hook there.

The rest of the evening went well, especially since the Habs were playing.

Needless to say, we all indulged in a little libation, and when we began to get low on supplies, my sister demanded someone go on a booze run, to get her some Clarnadian Club. No, that is not a typo.

Turns out, she meant Canadian Club. Mom decided she was off her tree, and refused, but then began to think....always a bad sign.

"What is Canadian Club anyway?" she wondered out loud.

"Booze?" I offered up.

"I know that you jerk! I meant is it rum or whiskey or what I cant remember..."

At which point my sister confirmed suspicions that she was adopted by responding in slurred speech, "CLUB SODA!"

The game wasn't much better than that.

Love ya Sis, haha

2 comments:

  1. We can't all be techno-geeks like you, ya know! Thanks for fixing my computer, but I'll get you for this I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Mom hijacking your sister's profile agian. Well son it is great to see you get one over on your sis. We have to be more viligant when we are all together so that we may catch her once again.There are far too many blogs about me and none on her. Good blog. Luv ya.

    ReplyDelete